Splash photo of HKU
Conference on Parsimony and Learning (CPAL)
January 2024, HKU

Visa Information

Visa-Free Stay Eligibility

Holders of passports of many countries (including US, Canada, UK, and many other European and Asian countries) enjoy a visa-free stay in HK for a certain number of days. Please visit the link https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/visit-transit/visit-visa-entry-permit.html to check whether your passport enjoys a visa-free period and its length.

If You Require a Visa

For those who need a visa to enter HK, if you need an invitation letter for your visa application, please contact us and we are happy issue the letter.

For PRC Passport Holders

If a Mainland Resident

Mainland residents who wish to attend the conference are required to obtain the “Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao” (通行證) and “endorsement for individual visit” (個人旅遊簽註) from the relevant Public Security Bureau Office. Please see https://s.nia.gov.cn/mps/bszy/wlgaot/sqgowl/201903/t20190313_1002.html#d0.

If In-Transit

Holders of People’s Republic of China (PRC) passports who are in transit through Hong Kong to and from another country or territory may be granted a stay of seven days on each landing without the prior need to obtain an entry permit provided that normal immigration requirements are met, including possession of valid entry facilities for the destination and confirmed onward booking for the overseas journey. Please see https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/overseas-chinese-entry-arrangement.html.


If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the local organizers: Dr. Man-Chung Yue (mcyue@hku.hk) and Dr. Yanchao Yang (yanchaoy@hku.hk).